Careers: Health Educator
Location: Health Solutions, Cedar Rapids
Type of Employment: Full Time
Date Posted: 10/13/2017
- Company: Health Solutions, LLC
- Location: Cedar Rapids, IA and surrounding areas
- Job Type: Part-time to Fulltime Hours
- Education: Registered Nurses, or professionals with a behavioral science or health promotion degree.
About the Job:
Health Solutions partners with businesses to deliver employee wellness programs including onsite health screenings, consultations to review results, and health coaching to work with participants to improve their health throughout the year. This position involves reviewing and explaining health screening results including labs and biometrics and educating on lifestyle factors that can impact results.
Must be a team player, effective communicator, and consistently punctual. Expected hours for this position will vary but will include both day and evening hours. Typical shifts will be 4-8 hours, primarily Monday-Friday with an occasional Saturday. Starting pay will be based on experience, and being bilingual will result in a 5% pay increase across the board.
- Working knowledge of clinical results from a health and wellness screening
- Specific training in lifestyle change management and motivational interviewing
- Specific training in collecting biometric measurements including waist circumference and blood pressure
- Knowledge of HIPAA Privacy Rules
- Extreme professionalism and punctuality is a must